Thursday, August 27, 2009

Barbecue Meatballs

I always struggle coming up with something new to do with meatballs. I have a different meatball recipe that I use when I use them in Italian food that I will post next time I make them, but this meatball recipe is great with barbecue sauce and sweet and sour sauce.


Barbecue Meatballs
Meatballs:
1½ lbs. ground beef
1/3 c. minced onion
2/3 c. crackers crumbs
1 egg
1½ tsp. salt
¼ c. milk
Mix together. Roll into balls and place sides touching on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes, or cook in hot oil in a large skillet. (I have cooked them both ways, and I like the oven best I think)

Barbecue Sauce:
1 (12 ounce) bottle Chile sauce
1 1/4 cups grape jelly
3 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
In a medium saucepan, mix the Chile sauce, mustard, and grape jelly over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until jelly is melted.

I have also done this in the crockpot. Just mix the sauce, and add cooked meatballs. The jelly won't melt right away, but that's okay. Just stir it up about halfway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment