• 6 cups frozen shredded hash browns
• 1 can (10 ¾ oz.) cond. cream chicken soup
• 1/2 soup can milk
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
• 1/4 cup grated onion (optional)
• salt and pepper to taste
• 4 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 1/4 cup corn flake crumbs
Cook fresh potatoes or thaw frozen potatoes. Place potatoes in a 2-3 quart casserole dish or a 9x13 casserole dish.
Combine soup, milk, sour cream, cheese, and onion and salt and pepper to taste. If a saucier dish is desired, add 2-3 tablespoons additional milk. Mix well. Spread sauce over potatoes.
Melt butter and combine with corn flake crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs over casserole. Bake uncovered at 350 F for 30-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly throughout.